Spotlight on Collaborations
Triple C Housing brings affordable housing, supportive services, and economic enterprise into local neighborhoods. Triple C has successfully identified ways to create physical and social environments that enhance the overall health for those we serve, addressing housing, healthcare, access to transportation, employment, education and financial literacy. It is through partnerships with the public and private sectors, such as collaborations with Rutgers, School of Social Work that Triple C draws on the experts in the field to equip us with evidenced based best practices in service delivery. Triple C’s partnership with Rutgers leverages expert resources to equip team members with research, training, and knowledge exchange so that the services are top notch, and incorporate best practices.
Triple C’s recent partnership with Pennrose resulted in the expansion of affordable housing opportunities for homeless veterans and families, with a set aside of 44 units for special needs in 172 units of luxury apartments. Triple C’s onsite supportive services will provide all residents general support and case management services to maximize overall quality of life.
Property Developed via Partnerships
Developed by The Alpert Group, Monarch Housing Associates and Edison Community Development Corporation. Owner: Kilmer Homes, LLC
Triple C Housing, Inc. sourced the project’s development from inception (2004- 2015) via Edison Township’s Notice of Intent process through the United States Department of Defense Base Realignment & Closure (BRAC) Act.
Description: 120 Units Low Income Housing Tax Credit Development
30 Units Homeless set aside: Project Based Section 8 Rental Subsidy/Edison Housing Authority
Owner/Leasing Agent: Kilmer Homes, LLC
Property Management: Edison Housing Authority & Kilmer Homes, LLC
Why We Do What We Do:
The current economic climate and scores of individuals and families experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity magnifies our mission to extend our reach.
- Families comprise 41% of America’s Homeless; of the remaining 59%, 23-40% are veterans and 25% are persons diagnosed with a mental illness.
- Mental illness affects 60 million adults in the United States. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 1 in 4 people are affected by a mental health or brain disorder. The World Health Organization is warning that depression is set to become the main cause of disability and second leading health problem by 2020.
- The lack of affordable housing is rated third highest (43%) behind mental illness, for singles, and a staggering 87% for families, as the most common cause of homelessness.
- Studies show that poor mental health and psychological distress are directly linked to poverty. Poverty, acting through economic stressors such as unemployment and lack of affordable housing, is more likely to precede mental illness than the reverse.
2016 Governor’s Excellence in
Supportive Housing Awarded to
Triple C Housing, Inc.
Promise House, located in New Brunswick, was developed by Triple C Housing in partnership with Monarch Housing Associates, Kitchen & Associates, Mid-Atlantic Engineering, MPP Engineers, Mulhern Consulting Engineers and JRD Construction.
Promise House provides 10 units of multi-family housing for persons of very low-income and formerly homeless; the services are provided on-site to support residents in their wellness & recovery journey. An enhanced service feature of having a Registered Nurse onsite to provide for healthcare screenings was recognized as a unique service feature.
We are grateful to our system partners and supporters of our mission and those we serve to live independently with dignity.
Amboy Bank Foundation
Andora and Romano, LLC
Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH)
Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey (HCDNNJ)
Mental Health Association of NJ
Middlesex County Housing and Community Development
Monarch Housing Associates
New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies (NJAMHAA)
NAMI – Middlesex
NAMI – New Jersey
New Brunswick Housing and Community Development
New Jersey Community Capital
New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services
New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Office of Housing Advocacy (NJDCA)
New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA)
New Jersey Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (NJPRA)
Robin Hood Foundation
Supportive Housing Association (SHA)
The Schwartz Foundation
The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
The United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Associations (PRA)
Township of East Brunswick, Housing and Community Development
Township of Edison, Housing and Community Development
Township of South Brunswick, Housing and Community Development
Rutgers University Integrated Employment Institute (IEI)
Rutgers University School of Health and Related Professions (SHRP)